Senior Developer - C++
United Kingdom, London, City of, LondonEngineering
At BotsAndUs, we believe that real time data will revolutionise the logistics industry. We are building the ultimate data insights platform that provides companies with unprecedented, real time access to their operations. Our autonomous data capturing technology and insights generation capabilities help to measure, track and find goods across warehouses in real time, while building the ultimate digital twin of facilities.
Join us at a very exciting time of growth as we’re significantly ramping up all areas of the business to lead the way in logistics data globally, backed by some of Europe’s best VCs and driven by passion, curiosity and teamwork.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture.
As a Senior C++ Engineer, you will play a key role in designing and building the platforms that support our robots. Our platform covers everything from the embedded code that manages the robot’s sensors, all the way up to the cloud robotics platform that allows our customers to manage their deployments.
You’ll have the opportunity to work in a variety of areas, such as:
- Distributed systems design for communicating with robots in the field safely and securely
- Building user-facing applications and APIs to enable customer-driven robot management
- Designing high-level data-gathering software on top of the base robotics platform
- Integrations with customers’ existing systems to support their operations
As a senior member of the software engineering team, you will share responsibility for both implementation and system design of new projects, as well as updates, improvements, and maintenance of existing systems. You will have the opportunity to contribute to cross-team planning efforts, and to shape the design of our platforms now and in the future.
You will need:
- 6+ years of experience shipping software products
- Good knowledge of the Linux platform generally
- Experience with building high-performance systems using modern C++ techniques
- Experience with agile workflows, automated testing, and continuous deployment
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamworking skills
- It would also be helpful to have:
- Previous experience with developing software for hardware devices or robots
- Knowledge of other development tools, languages and frameworks
- Experience with image processing, point cloud data, 3D data or other visual information processing.
- Experience in architecting and designing large-scale, end-to-end systems
- We are especially interested in candidates who are flexible in their approach, and willing to learn and use suitable technologies and frameworks as appropriate for specific tasks.
You’ll work on a variety of different projects as we continue to build our platform. To give you an idea of what kind of work you’ll be doing, some recent projects our team has worked on include:
- Building a data processing pipeline to capture frames from a 3D LiDAR scanner and reconstruct a 3D environment in real-time.
- Designing and implementing a new wire protocol for communication with embedded microcontrollers over Ethernet.
- Building a system to run real-time machine vision algorithms and ML models over high-resolution camera images.
As a company, we’re still in the start-up phase of our life – we’re a small VC-funded team, but we have a great platform in an advanced stage of development. You’ll play a significant role in shaping the future of our products, culture, and engineering team.
We are a diverse, remote-friendly team (though we have an amazing office and workshop space in London). We have flexible working hours – as a hardware startup we have occasional important deadlines and site visits, but work-life balance is important to us, and we strive to keep disruption to a minimum.
You’ll receive a market-rate salary, stock options, and whatever equipment you need, as well as an annual training and conference budget. We use loads of open-source software, and we’d love for you to contribute to projects while you are here – and you’re welcome to take some time for personal projects too.
BotsAndUs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. It prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.